Hello, world! I repair handwriting. I am on the Autism Spectrum with Aspergers Syndrome. I am also an Autism self–advocate.
I used to have rotten handwriting, because of a whole bunch of innate neurological disabilities (which I still have, despite the fact that I now also have good handwriting.)
At age 24, I dug into the history and ergonomics of our handwriting on order to learn how to help myself,then others.
Today, I teach/re-teach handwriting, and help people become aware of its continuing importance today
I have my loving husband, Andrew Haber, a retired lawyer and occasional web-site designer. He designed this web site for me. Without him, I might not have made it as far as I have done.
For some reason, people at times have asked my precise birthdate, birth-time, and birthplace: March 19, 1963 – 7:24 a.m., Brooklyn, New York, USA.
My parents named me “Karen Sue Gladstone” – I changed my name to “Kate” because I liked that name – I never thought of myself as a “Karen Sue.” Also, far too many other people my age had the name “Karen.”
I have 2 sisters (Alisa Gladstone-Brown, M.D. and Jessica Gladstone, Esq.) and a brother Steven Glastone).
- East Midwood Jewish Center / Rabbi Harry Halpern Day School, Brooklyn, NY
- Saint Anne’s School, Brooklyn, NY
- Stuyvesant High School, New York, NY
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA – BA, 1988
- Long Island University (New York City/New School campus), Greenville, NY – MS-LS (Master of Science – Library Science), 1990